My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Jeff's shared items

    I'm going to break your gayest of hearts.


    Looks like Carol Channing joins the short list of homophobic gay icons. In an interview with Gay People's Chronicle she makes some not-so-vague statements about how she feels abut gay rights.

    KK: You seem to have a very large gay following. Have you ever thought about why?

    CC: I don’t think about them. I’m grateful that they seem to like me. They’re terribly loyal to me. But I’m knee-deep in the Bible and you know what it says about that.

    KK: Alright.

    CC: Oh, dear. Is this for a gay publication? Have I offended you?

    KK: Yes. For the Gay People’s Chronicle. Right now, it’s really not my job to be offended or not be offended. I am just asking questions and reporting answers. I read that you have fought for gay rights. Do you think that the things gay people are fighting for are important?

    CC: I don’t think about it. If they can’t take care of their own problems, why should I bother. It’s not my problem.


    Hmm. That really sucks. We have the same birthday and I always had a little spot in my heart for her. No longer. She can go screw herself.

    2 comments:

    Deb said...

    The bible also says that eating a nice shrimp scampi, lobster bisque, crab cakes or indulging clams, oysters or other shellfish is detestable to God. She needs to get her nose out of Leviticus and read what Jesus had to say about it all. He says nothing about homosexuality.

    God is all loving. God doesn’t hate His children. If my own father and mother accepted me—then what makes this person think that God can’t? It sounds absurd. There are many people in the world that hate to see other people live happy lives. Some people live a life to only please others. How sad. Why can’t we all be happy—yet be happy for everyone else as well?

    "Warning Against Judging Others"

    Don’t speak evil against each other, my dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize each other and condemn each other, then you are criticizing and condemning God’s law. But you are not a judge who can decide whether the law is right or wrong. Your job is to obey it. God alone, who made the law, can rightly judge among us. He alone as the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to condemn your neighbor? ~ James 4:11-12

    AND

    “The Most Important Commandment”

    One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the discussion. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
    Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Here, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, and all your soul, and all your mind, and all your strength. The second is equally important. Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these." ~Matthew 22:34-40


    Maybe Carol needs to brush up on her bible study. It’s sad that there are so many hypocrites who just read the plain black and white text, yet don’t even know the meaning to it all. I doubt she’s ‘knee deep’ in the bible. She’s knee deep in b/s….and well…botox as well.

    JimmyQ said...

    Yeah, ditto what Deb said. For these public comments Carol should be forced to do community service at an AIDS clinic, and generally shut the fuck up.