My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Jeff's shared items

    If it could make a panini, that would be a bonus, too.


    I was at dinner tonight with some friends and we, predictably, began discussing the features of the iPhone. Everyone agreed in the end that it looks to be great, with the obvious hesitations (Cingular, price, can it be insured?, battery replacement). By far my personal favorite feature is the Multi-Touch screen. I'm not as excited about it on teh phone as for the potential for future variations of that.

    From day one in my graphic design I have been bothered by the input barrier put between the user and the computer. Only when we can tactilely and immediately affect the screen – as we would the real world – will designers take further leaps in productivity and, indirectly, creativity. I'm imagining a 30-40 inch platform where you can maneuver objects around as you would if they were in front of you. This is not a new idea: See here.

    Of course, the phone will be great, but I'm more looking towards future, more helpful uses for the technology. Oh, and I think they will print money with this thing, as has been said before.

    UPDATE: Read this Macworld article for more potential flaws. I don't like that this is a closed operating system one bit.

    No comments: