My Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Jeff's shared items

    The little things: our new ice system.

    We have struggled with how to keep enough ice in the fridge for awhile. We both love our drinks like our Vogue editors: cold and colorful. We make what equates to screwdrivers minus the vodka at home all the time, requiring a lot of ice.

    We found these at the Container store. They are sealed (ish), stack and were cheap. We bought 4 and ALWAYS have ice now. I'm so happy I could make myself a cranberry and seltzer.

    Next step: Putting a visual cue on the fridge to make sure the empty ones are refilled. See, the key to this system is to refill all at once, because it takes 30 seconds. Doing them one at a time has NO advantage. You have to empty all of them out into the larger bin, then refill. Some would balk at that, demanding a commitment to the individual refill. Those people don't live in New York or have a Wii or have a cat who likes to wrestle for hours on end like me. I like short, powerful bursts of focused work. It makes things more tolerable.

    That, my friends, is my ice system.

    No comments: